TP-Link produces some of the best wireless routers and modems and other networking devices such as range repeaters, access points switches etc. The TP-Link setup portal can be accessed through the web domain www.tplinkwifi.net which is b default addressed at the default IP address of the router i.e. 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1. The user needs to authenticate the web page with a username and password for which the default values are “admin” and “password”. Remember that both these values are case sensitive and you have to be cautious while entering these values.
TP-Link AC3200 Tri-Band Wireless Gigabit Gaming Router
The TP-Link AC3200 Tri-Band router is one of its kind routers developed by TP-Link. It is a complete gaming router from TP-Link having a combined speed over 3Gbp on its three frequency bands.
The Tri-band technology also allows the user to connect to three separate devices to its three separate Wi-Fi bands without any drop in the device.
The Gaming lovers don’t need to worry about the lag in 4K HD live video streaming.
Connecting your TP-Link AC3200 router to the computer
The TP-Link wireless routers need to be connected to the computer device in order to be able to configure the router. The TP-Link wireless router can be connected to the computer through one of three below-mentioned methods.
- Connecting through the WPS button
- Connection through the system Wi-Fi
- Connection through the Ethernet cable (LAN cable)
Connection through the WPS mode
This is the easiest, a convenient and time-saving method of getting your router, modem, and computer connected to each other. The WPS button doesn’t let the user’s precious time to get waste as this method is much quicker.
Here in this section let us show you can set up your router and computer with the help of a WPS button. Just go carefully through the under mentioned setup guide.
- Open the router from its packaging box and check if all the essential components are enclosed in it like the Ethernet cable and power supply adapter etc.
- Now, connect the power supply adapter to the router and switch on the wall socket and wait till the lights on the router get stable.
- Now, open the internet and network settings section of your PC. Press the WPS button of the router and within a second or two, your computer system will detect the nearby available Wi-Fi network to be connected.
- In this way, your router will be connected to the desktop or laptop computer system.
Note- WPS (Wi-Fi protected setup) as the name suggests is quite a secure method of getting your router connected to the computer system. The WPS system works only with those Wi-Fi networks which support the WPA/WPA/PSK OR WPA 2 security types. The WPS doesn’t work with the WEP or WEP 2 security types.
If you want to connect the router to the computer through the WPS mode of connection, then change the security key of your router to the WPA/WPSK OR WPA 2 mode etc.
Connecting the router to the system through the Ethernet cable (LAN RJ45)
This is one another method of getting your router connected to the computer in a faster method. Below is the step by step mentioned guide for the users to connect the router to the computer system.
- Connect the power supply of the router and switch it on.
(You don’t need to wait for the lights to get stable in this method).
- Just connect the modem into the WLAN port of the router with an Ethernet cable. Similarly, connect the computer to one of the LAN port of the router.
Note- One thing to keep in mind is that the above-mentioned methods are only for getting your TP-Link router connected to the computer system. However, the user will need to perform the configuration of the router separately for using the internet and other networking related services.