Tplink wifi net
TP-Link is widely known for their reliable and user friendly networking hardware. They provide some of the best routers and accessories to the users. Their routers require the user to setup and login initially. The setup and login process is very easy and it only takes a couple of minutes of the user’s time. The user can simple login using the web domain www.tplinkwifi.net and enter the default credentials regarding their TP-Link routers. The default username and password is “admin” for most of the routers. The username and password are case sensitive.
Once the user has successfully logged in to the router, the user can better configure their router by gaining access to the advanced features of the router such as the Parental Controls, the Guest Network, Media Prioritization, Port Forwarding and many others. With the help of these features, the user can better configure and secure their network themselves. The user can even control, customize, monitor and even repair their network themselves.
Why is there a need to login to the TP-Link router?
The login process is crucial as the user can only configure and secure their network after logging in to the router. The user can change the username and password for the router. It is recommended that the user changes the username and password after once logging in to the router so that nobody can login to their network without their permission. After the user has logged in to the router the user can configure, control, monitor, customize and even repair the network themselves. Moreover, the user can create alternate networks using the Guest Network feature, block inappropriate content or restrict access to certain websites on their network, limit the access of internet on any particular device as well, prioritize the bandwidth of internet on a particular device or devices as well.
The www.tplinkwifi.net page says you aren’t connected to the TP-Link network.
If this case persists, the user can try a few alternate methods to login to the TP-Link router. The user can try clearing out the cache of the internet browser and try refreshing the login page. Alternatively, the user can try changing the internet browser and repeat the login process once again. Also, the user can try to login to their router using the default IP address for their router. The default IP address for most of the TP-Link routers is 192.168.0.1, but the default IP address may vary due to the type of internet connection that you possess.
How to login to the TP-Link router:
- Open any internet browser on a device that is hard wired to the router using an Ethernet cable. Make sure that the connections are made properly.
- Type www.tplinkwifi.net in the address bar and press enter. The login page for the TP-Link router will display.
- Here, the user will be prompted to enter the default information regarding the router. The default username and password is “admin” for both the cases. The username and password are case sensitive.
- After successfully logging in to the router, the Quick Setup page will display.
Now, the user will have successfully logged in to the router using www.tplinkwifi.net web domain.
Here are the steps to change the username and password for the TP-Link routers
- Open any internet browser from the same device that is connected to the router. Type www.tplinkwifi.net in the address bar and press enter.
- The login page will display where the user will be prompted to enter the default information regarding the router. The default username and password is “admin” for most of the routers. The username and password are case sensitive.
- Once the user has successfully logged in, the Quick Setup will display. Click Next to get started.
- In the Quick Setup page, click the Wireless Network Name option. Here, the user can enter the new username for their network.
- Under that, the user will see the Wireless Security tab. Here, a field will be provided where the user can enter the new passphrase for their network.
Make sure that you do not share your password with just anybody except the people you wish to share it with.
- Click Save to save the changes made. Click Finish.
The username and password will have changed now. The user will have to login to their network using the new information in all the devices.
By changing the default username and password for the router, the user will have secured their network even further. Now, only the people that know the personalized password can gain access to the user’s main network and its shared contents.
Why is there a need for firmware update?
The firmware of the router also needs updating. TP-Link releases firmware updates regularly. The firmware update makes sure that the router is able to stay compatible with the latest technology or the latest media devices. The new firmware also makes sure that the security on the router is kept updated so that the sensitive information of the user isn’t vulnerable to any potential threats. All the sensitive information of the user passes through the router such as their private information, their emails and passwords, their banking information when they buy something online and more. The new firmware also fixes any bugs or previously faced issues with the router. The new firmware might also add some new features to the router or provide enhanced speed boosts.
Here are the steps to update the firmware of TP-Link router
- Download the latest firmware for your TP Link router from the TP Link support website. Make sure the model number of your router is correct.
- Save the downloaded file to your desired location on your computer.
- Now, open up an internet browser and type www.tplinkwifi.net in the address bar. Press enter.
- You will be asked to type in the default username and password. The default username and password is “admin” for both cases. The username and password are case sensitive.
- Once you have logged in, the Quick Setup guide will display. Click System Tools.
- You will see the Firmware option on the left side. Click Browse.
- Locate the previously downloaded file from your computer and click OK. Click the Upgrade button to start the firmware upgrade process. It will take only a couple of minutes for the router to upgrade the firmware. After the firmware upgrade has finished, the router will reboot itself. Wait for the router to finish rebooting itself. Do not unplug the router or interrupt the reboot process.
Warning: It is advised not to unplug the router or interrupt the update process anyhow as it can damage or corrupt the router’s firmware and might even render the router useless.
Once the router has finished updating, the user can start using their router as they please.